A manual osteopath shall apply for a certificate of registration by submitting a completed application form together with a recent passport size photo, and the one time applicable fee of $1695 ($1500 plus harmonized sales tax). This one time application fee is non-refundable. The application fee includes the processing of the application as well as the fees required for the board exam.
The following are registration requirements for an international certificate of registration:
- The applicant has graduated from one of the Council on Manual Osteopathy Education accredited osteopathy schools listed below that offer a diploma or degree program in osteopathy; with 4200 hours or more of teaching which must include 1000 of clinical practice,
- The applicant must not have been found guilty of an offence that is relevant to suitability to practise manual osteopathy in Ontario.
- The applicants must pass the board exams administered by OCORS. This requirement elevates the manual osteopathy profession and is a forward step to getting manual osteopathy regulated in Ontario.
- As a condition of membership all applicants understand that on an annual basis their names and license numbers are submitted to the insurers in Ontario. This is to ensure they their rights to practice manual osteopathy and to bill insurers remain protected.
- OCORS is continuously working to make manual osteopathy a regulated health profession in the province of Ontario. Once this is achieved additional requirements may be added as per government guidelines and health regulatory board instructions applicable in Ontario.
- Applicants must adhere to the OCORS code of ethics. Applicants should understand that OCORS has a disciplinary process and that complaints can be registered against the member by patients, insurers and other members. Applicants are required by OCORS to upgrade themselves regularly by taking a continuing education course per year as specified and approved by OCORS.
To receive the application form please contact OCORS at:
Ontario College of Osteopathic Rehabilitation Sciences
6021 Yonge Street, Suite 390
Phone: (647) 260-0431
Fax: (647) 258-9632
Canada M2M 3W2